Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Avocado - A Delicious and Wet Culinary Dream!!!

When inspired, you can't resist especially when it relates to food!!!  This is not my recipe, but it is up my alley...  OMG...  I'm ready to run to the grocery store for the ingredients before going to bed tonight!!!

Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Wedges

Thursday, January 26, 2012

There is laundry all over my living room floor. It's clean, but it's taking up space because as I write this, it's still a little damp. The dryers in our apartment complex just don't do their job, and every time we end up with damp laundry. For just one more dollar, we could have dry laundry, but I don't want to encourage bad behavior. And sometimes, I'm out of quarters.


But it's okay, because there are things like bacon and avocados in my refrigerator. And that's really all you need.

Make these when things are acting a lot more complicated than they need to be.


Ingredients:
Bacon
Avocado(s)
Optional: 
Salt, Lime, Cayenne Powder

1. Slice and peel your avocado. You should get 6 to 8 wedges from each.
2. Wrap a slice of bacon around each wedge! If you're fancy, use a toothpick to hold them together. If you're me, just stick them in the pan edge-side down and hope for the best.
3. Cook them in a hot pan until they're nice and crispy. You'll have to turn them a couple times to get it cooked on all sides. I'm sure you could do this part in the oven, but I'm not sure how hot or for how long.
4. Finish them off with a tiny sprinkle of kosher salt or lime juice + cayenne.


Eat these for lunch. Make them again for an appetizer before dinner. Fold your laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment